Saturday, September 20, 2008

California Blends Sweet Smoky Chipotle Hot Sauce

Sweet Smoky Chipotle – Medium Hot- The best seller of our product line is a unique take on BBQ sauce. It has complex layered flavors that combine smoky sweetness and peppery heat levels that come from the variety of ingredients we use. We start with a classic BBQ flavor from Molasses, Honey and Brown Sugar added to Tomato Paste. We then add the smoky chipotle pepper and for an added kick of BBQ flavor, some “liquid smoke”. We then add our special Habanero Blend mash to give it that intense habanero heat. The flavors of this sauce intensify in a surprisingly pleasant way making it almost impossible to stop eating.

Here is an excerpt from a review on Hot Sauce Blog. Follow the link to read the entire review.

It seems only fitting that I review a California Blends Hot Sauce while in California. When this package first arrived I couldn’t be more excited, you see, California Blends comes out of Chico, CA - a town that I practically grew up in. My brother and I used to hit Chico for all sorts of mischievous activities, mostly hanging out in the Chico Mall or exploring Bidwell Park. So suffice to stay, the city of Chico is near and dear to my heart and I couldn’t be happier to review a hot sauce that hails from there.

The first in the California Blends product line up to bat was the Chipotle Sweet & Smoky Hot Sauce - and I’ll admit, I first tried this the day it arrived in NYC, I couldn’t wait until we got to California - but it did make the trip from NYC to LA with me.

Description from the bottle: Spice up your meals with some fresh California flavor! Use our smoky Chipotle Habanero Blend at your next BBQ for a fiery flavor that’s sweet with honey. Also great in pasta, sandwiches, sauces and dips. Shake it on and enjoy!

Read the Whole Review...

No comments: